Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Is it me or America?

Why do I always look for greener grass? I wanted a "real job" - I got it. I wanted a 4 Runner - I bought one. I wanted to live in a beautiful place - done. So, why do I keep looking? I have a great job with paid vacations and room for advancement and I still want more. More, more, more. Well, it's not even that I want more, I just want different. I want to feel as though when I come to work I am helping people less fortunate than I am. Whether they are hungry or sick or sad or poor. I want them to know that I care about them and I am do not think that I am any better than they are. I want to hear their stories and find out what their dreams are. Then I want to help them get even an inch closer to their dreams. But when I get that job, will it be enough or will I still want more?

2 comments:

  1. Ack. My comment erased itself. Sigh.

    Anyway. I love you, you'll figure it out and don't forget that the point is the journey, not the destination.

    Or some shit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point! The journey... I like it.

    ReplyDelete