Monday, February 6, 2012

Is Honesty Really the Best Policy?

So, Dude thinks things are going to work out between he and his girlfriend.

It is one of the most miscommunicated relationships I have ever had the detriment of witnessing.  It seems like they are in two totally different relationships.  Of course I think it is a huge mistake to stay with her because I have been where he is and it doesn't end well.  But it took me years to see it, so, who am I to judge? 

I knew this was a possibility the whole time but I really thought it was going to work out in my favor.   It's funny though because I don't feel rejected (like I would have expected).  I feel like I get where he is at and feel bad that he is there.  He is turning down this sweet little piece of ass for someone who isn't really that into him but he can't see it because he is so into her.  And I have been there, so I get it. 

Still fucking blows for me.  But I don't want to be with someone who is in love with someone else anyway.  So, what the hell was I thinking?  I'm sad and angry.  I knew he was in this relationship; he was honest with me the whole time.  But he lead me to believe that he truly wanted to explore things with me.  And if he really did, wouldn't we be doing that?  How can you be in a committed, loving relationship and still have a wandering heart?  I don't think you can.  I never have, anyway.

As one of my brilliant friends said, "The bottom line is you deserve uncompromising love and you are going to get it."  Maybe it won't be from him even though I want it to be.  Maybe it won't be tomorrow.  But it'll happen.  It will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment